Global membership provides a leadership position within BSA plus access to all of BSA’s compliance, enforcement and policy programs. Global members serve on BSA’s Board of Directors and play a key role in shaping the strategic direction of the organization. Global members are listed on BSA policy documents, ad campaigns, white papers, and other publications.
The benefits of Global membership include:
A leadership position in BSA
- Participation on BSA’s Board of Directors and a vote on the strategic direction of the organization.
- Designation of individuals to serve on regional and country level compliance, enforcement and policy committees to help shape our priorities around the world.
Access to BSA’s global compliance and enforcement programs
- Participation in BSA’s end-user enforcement programs around the world.
- Inclusion of up to seven products in BSA’s Internet enforcement program, such as searches of P2P systems, IRC, Web, FTP and newsgroups.
- Access to BSA’s compliance marketing activities.
Participation in BSA’s global policy programs
- Representation on the BSA Global Policy Council, the primary discussion forum and decision making body for our global policy efforts.
- Voice in BSA’s policy activities worldwide through participation on BSA’s regional policy committees, including key regions such as APAC and EMEA.
Inclusion in public-facing activities
- Identification in BSA education, software management, press materials and collaterals.
- Use of “BSA Member” logo for member’s own PR or marketing activities.