WASHINGTON — May 4, 2016 — BSA | The Software Alliance has joined more than a dozen technology trade associations in developing the first-ever Technology Sector Presidential Platform, designed to urge the 2016 presidential candidates to consider issues and implement policies that harness the power of technology, create jobs, grow the economy, foster innovation and continue to improve the lives of all Americans. The Technology Sector Presidential Platform includes recommendations on a broad swath of issues, including: investing in computer science education; removing barriers to digital trade; promoting effective intellectual property protections; improving trust and efficiency in networks; promoting innovation and free expression on the internet; improving innovation in government; and promoting the Internet of Things.
The letter was signed by the leaders of the following associations (listed in alphabetical order):
- Allied For Startups
- BSA | The Software Alliance
- Computer & Communications Industry Association
- Consumer Technology Association
- ITI – The Information Technology Industry Council
- Internet Association
- Semiconductor Industry Association
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- Software & Information Industry Association
- Telecommunications Industry Association
- Technology CEO Council
The open letter to the candidates, as well as the Technology Sector Presidential Platform, can be found here.