Location: Remote (Washington, DC)
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
BSA | The Software Alliance is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life. With headquarters in Washington, DC and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
The Communications Intern will work as part of a small team on external communications activities that support BSA’s policy goals, corporate positioning and reputation. The intern will develop knowledge of BSA, its member companies, and the association’s high-priority issues, including artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, workforce development, trade, and data policy. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in public policy communications. The intern will work closely with the Senior Director, Global Communications, and the Communications Coordinator.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week; ability to work full days preferred. BSA is flexible with school schedules.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate status at an accredited university required.
- Rising junior, senior or graduate student preferred.
- Interest in global software industry and public policy a plus.
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborating effectively with BSA policy staff, outside agencies, consultants and member companies.
- Strong writing and editing skills, oral communications, and listening skills.
- Attention to detail along with excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with social media platforms, in particular Twitter.
- Excellent internet research skills.
- Experience with uploading content to a website or blog a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Sense of humor helpful.
- Previous work or internship experience a plus.
- Assist BSA’s communications team with their daily work and activities including media relations, social media, digital, events, and broader communications initiatives related to BSA’s policy agenda.
- Write social media posts for multiple BSA accounts, create graphics, and help manage social media accounts, including identifying influencers and monitoring engagement.
- Conduct research projects to include information related to BSA’s policy issues, statistical data, and case studies.
- Assist with drafting media content, including blog posts, press releases, and event recaps.
- Assist with adding content to the BSA website, including event recaps and news clips.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA offer benefits for our interns, including:
- SmartBenefits Travel Subsidy
- Exceptional 401k plan employer contributions
- Professional development funds
- Casual dress
- And much more!
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!