Department: Compliance Solutions
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Director, Analytics and Internet Enforcement
BSA | The Software Alliance is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
The Internet Investigator will provide BSA with in-house, technical capability to investigate and disrupt the counterfeit, and unauthorized electronic distribution of BSA members’ software products, access credentials, proprietary content, and other forms of online copyright infringement. He/she will work as part of a small but highly-skilled and dedicated team focused on the investigation of, and enforcement efforts against, unauthorized electronic distribution of software.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- 1+ years professional experience; anti-piracy, brand protection or intellectual property experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic intellectual property familiarity a plus but not required
- Knowledge of internet technologies and networks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent follow-through and ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Provide anti-piracy support to BSA members by reviewing and reporting infringing listings from online marketplaces, auction sites, and websites by utilizing our automated system.
- Provide monthly reports, statistics, and other information to BSA members to keep them updated of the anti-piracy actions undertaken.
- Develop relationships with BSA members to ensure that all their requests are solved in a timely manner and feedback is provided on each request.
- Communicate with team members and vendors to ensure that BSA’s Internet Enforcement program meets BSA members’ needs.
- Document processes and maintain accurate records of each request from members.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA recognizes that benefits play an important role in your selection of an employer. We offer generous benefits including many unique benefits and perks to our employees in locations around the world and encourage everyone to live a healthy, balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous health, disability, and life insurance.
- Exceptional 401k plan employer contributions.
- Year-end office shut down between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Three weeks’ paid sabbatical every five years.
- Generous paid maternity and bonding leave.
- Health/Fitness and Financial/Tax Advice allowance.
- Professional development, continuing education, including tuition reimbursement, and training.
- Casual dress.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!