Manager/Senior Manager, Policy – APAC
Reports to: Senior Director, Policy – APAC
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that help businesses of all sizes in every part of the economy to modernize and grow. With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy. Follow BSA at @BSAnews.
The Manager or Senior Manager, Policy – APAC will work with BSA’s Asia-Pacific (APAC) Policy Team to support and develop initiatives and activities designed to support BSA’s policy priorities in Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asian markets. The incumbent will work under the direction of the Senior Director, Policy – APAC, collaborate with BSA regional staff and consultants in Singapore, Australia, India, Japan, and Korea, and coordinate with BSA staff globally, including those based in the Washington DC global headquarters. The incumbent will work directly with BSA member company representatives with responsibility for policy and advocacy in the region and will develop and maintain relationships with government policy makers, US and other third-country Embassy officials, industry partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- A degree in law, political science, information technology, or a related field of study.
- At least seven years of working experience in government affairs, ideally in a technology-focused organization.
- Excellent Internet research skills and experience in policy analysis and writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of and/or aptitude to learn issues relating to the software industry.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to work proactively and independently but also as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and other common office productivity applications.
- Written and verbal communication skills in at least one other language used in the APAC region (e.g., Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesian, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.) a plus.
- Contributes to developing and assists with implementing BSA’s APAC policy plans and priorities.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with representatives of BSA member companies to coordinate policy planning and implementation and to better understand BSA member company business strategies and evolution.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key officials at relevant government agencies to effectively communicate BSA positions and advocate for desired policy outcomes.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other stakeholders and key influencers within the APAC region (including other industry associations, think-tanks, academics, and private sector representatives).
- Monitors, analyzes, and responds to new policies that affect BSA member companies in the region, including through timely reporting to relevant BSA staff and member representatives.
- Drafts, edits, and reviews BSA policy submissions, reports, white papers, presentations, and other documents for advocacy on policy issues.
- Organizes and manages policy-related events, meetings, and conference calls with internal and external stakeholders (including developing briefs and taking notes).
- Acts as a BSA spokesperson in the APAC region, working with global public relations team.
- Strengthens public understanding and support for BSA’s public policy objectives.
- Manages and updates online knowledge repositories for internal and external documents and materials.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA recognizes that benefits play an important role in your selection of an employer. We offer generous benefits including many unique benefits and perks to our employees in locations around the world and encourage everyone to live a healthy, balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous health, disability, and personal life insurance.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Year-end office shut down between Christmas and New Year’s
- Three weeks’ paid sabbatical every five years
- Health/Fitness and Financial/Tax Advice reimbursement
- Professional development, continuing education (including tuition reimbursement) and training
- Casual dress
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!