Department: Policy Intern
Location: Remote (DC, MD, VA, CT or PA)
Reports to: Director, Policy
BSA | The Software Alliance is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life. With headquarters in Washington, DC and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
The Policy Intern will work as part of a small team on digital policy matters that support BSA’s policy goals. The intern will develop knowledge of BSA and will work on a range of policy issues, which may include digital trade and cross-border data policy, as well as related aspects of privacy and cyber security policy. The intern will also work on cross-border data policy matters for the Global Data Alliance (GDA), a BSA-led initiative focused on data localization, data transfer restrictions, customs duties on data flows, and other international data policy matters. The intern will report to the Director, Policy and will work closely with members of the BSA Policy team.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week; ability to work four hours a day in the mornings preferred. BSA is flexible with school schedules. As this position will be remote, a successful candidate will need a quiet space to work, reliable internet access, and the ability respond quickly to requests.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate status required.
- Rising junior, senior or graduate student preferred.
- Interest in global software industry and public policy a plus.
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborating effectively with BSA policy staff, outside agencies, consultants and member companies.
- Strong writing and editing skills, oral communications, and listening skills.
- Attention to detail along with excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent internet research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Previous work or internship experience a plus.
- Foreign language capabilities a plus.
- Assist BSA policy team members with their daily work and activities across a range of BSA and GDA activities.
- Help conduct research projects, compile resources, monitor issues, develop statistics, and collect case studies.
- Assist with drafting research summaries and other drafting assignments.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA offer benefits for our interns, including:
- Professional development funds
- Remote work
- Casual dress
- And much more!
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!