Manager, Global Benefits & Payroll
Department: Human Resources
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
The Manager, Global Benefits & Payroll focuses on global payroll and benefits management including related record-keeping, data processing, and software system administration and reports to the Chief Financial Officer, working closely with the Senior Manager, Global Talent & Human Resources, Assistant Controller and Controller.
Successful candidates will bring an innovative and collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn and stretch beyond their comfort zone to accomplish goals and achieve results. The Manager, Global Benefits & Payroll will build relationships and confidence across organizational functions by demonstrating subject matter competence and follow-through on commitments. Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment across functionalities will be essential keys to success.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years of payroll & benefits experience. Global payroll & benefits experience a big plus.
- Bachelors’ degree with PHR, SPHR or GPHR certifications a plus.
- Hands on management of benefit management systems helpful; specifically, Paylocity HRIS, Epicor HRIS and/or ARCORO benefits portal.
- Analytical mindset with advanced MS Office knowledge and skills, particularly with Excel – tables, data uploads, downloads, spreadsheets (with formulas) and developing applicable reports.
- Technically oriented with solid experience and knowledge of how to set up, integrate and use systems for data management, reporting & compliance requirements and benefit plan/program management, including use of data connectors, etc.
- Manage payroll systems; Liaise with payroll providers and internal BSA Finance team to complete semi-monthly US payroll and monthly global payrolls.
- Collect, compile, and enter payroll data in BSA’s payroll and HR systems.
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies with a sense of urgency.
- Communicate critical issues with appropriate parties and expedite resolutions in a timely manner.
- Follow-up on re-occurring issues and seek timely resolutions.
- Ensure accurate payroll records by confirming demographic and HR changes including insurance premiums, loan payments, garnishments, salary increases, etc. are processing properly.
- Complete requests for pay-related documents (i.e., request for pay statement copies, W2’s, verification of wages / employment, etc.).
- Work with payroll provider and BSA’s Controller to complete state payroll tax registrations (state income tax withholding, unemployment insurance and other state specific registrations).
- Oversee the compensation management process including the annual merit increase and bonus process using HRIS systems. Obtain approvals from CEO to process merit increases and bonuses.
- Plan for and manage annual open enrollment meetings in collaboration with benefit broker(s). Use tools and systems to monitor and administer global employee benefits programs (where applicable) including life, health, disability insurance, paid leave, leave of absence and employee assistance programs in accordance with local BSA program policies & statutory requirements.
- Manage vendor relationships and collaborate with global benefit brokers on benefit plans and administrative matters, as needed. Keep CFO apprised of status and requirements.
- Manage the online benefits portal and perform tasks including setting-up new hires in the system, annual open enrollment process, data audits, compliance reports and analysis.
- Review and validate charges from benefit vendors each month. Identify and address any discrepancies in vendor billings and facilitate claim processing issues.
- Handle administration of BSA’s 401(k) and 457b plans including enrolling new hires, tracking employee eligibility, and ensuring that employee contribution elections and employer contributions are accurate on payroll. Work with 401(k) Plan provider to ensure that plan administration runs smoothly, and all compliance requirements are met.
General: HR Systems, Data Management, Recordkeeping & Compliance
- Serve as administrator for HR data management systems and provide users assistance, as needed.
- Ensure recordkeeping & reporting compliance deadlines are met, including but not limited to: Eligibility to Work documentation, EEO, COBRA, benefit plan Non- Discrimination Testing, employee/benefit records, OSHA, FMLA, FLSA, and other global statutory requirements.
- Assist with keeping policy handbooks up to date and documenting new policies (globally).
- Provide benefits and payroll support to global management team and regional consultants.
- Recommend improvements to HR policies, benefits, and training programs.
- Lead the payroll, retirement plan and HR systems administration.
- Conduct new employee benefits and payroll orientation to ensure a smooth acclimation and onboarding experience.
- Ensure that new employee benefit enrollments are completed in a timely manner.
- Run data reports and provides written summaries & analysis using knowledge of metrics and BSA organizational goals & objectives.
- Special projects as assigned by the CFO.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA recognizes that benefits play an important role in your selection of an employer. We offer generous benefits including many unique benefits and perks to our employees in locations around the world and encourage everyone to live a healthy, balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous health, disability and life insurance
- Exceptional 401k plan employer contributions
- Year-end office shut down between Christmas and New Year’s
- Three weeks’ paid sabbatical every five years
- Generous paid maternity and bonding leave
- Health/Fitness and Financial/Tax Advice allowance
- Professional development, continuing education (including tuition reimbursement) and training
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!