NOV 29, 2016 | US
Tech Industry to President-Elect Trump: Tap 21st Century Innovation to Solve our Biggest Challenges
Washington – November 30, 2016 – BSA | The Software Alliance, along with a number of technology trade associations, offered our commitment to work with President-elect Donald Trump to leverage America’s leadership in technology to help move the country forward.
The joint letter includes recommendations to invest in jobs and a more inclusive economy, and to use technology to grow productivity and work across silos.
Technology can play a significant role in fostering growth and innovation across the nation. The success of the tech industry is also critical to the US economy. A recent report from BSA shows the software industry contributes more than $1 trillion to the US GDP, nearly 10 million jobs, and $52 billion in R&D, with significant impact in each of the 50 states.
The letter was signed by the leaders of the following associations (listed in alphabetical order):
- ACT | The App Association
- Allied for Startups
- BSA | The Software Alliance
- Computer and Communications Industry Association
- Computing Technology Industry Association
- Consumer Technology Association
- Entertainment Software Association
- Information Technology Industry Council
- Internet Association
- Semiconductor Industry Association
- Software & Information Industry Association
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- Telecommunications Industry Association
- Technology CEO Council
The letter can be found here.
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.