US: BSA Testimony on EU-US Privacy Shield and the Future of Transatlantic Data Flows
December 9, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. ET
BSA's Victoria Espinel testifies before the US Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation at the hearing "The Invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Future of Transatlantic Data Flows." The hearing explores policy issues that led to the European Court of Justice’s (ECJ) invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, one of the key mechanisms for allowing the transfer of personal data from the European Union to the United States. The hearing also examines the impact of the ECJ’s decision on US businesses engaging in transatlantic digital commerce and what steps the US Government is taking to develop a successor data transfer framework with the Europeans.
- The Honorable Noah Phillips, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- Ms. Victoria Espinel, President and Chief Executive Officer, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Mr. Neil Richards, Koch Distinguished Professor in Law, Washington University School of Law
- Mr. James Sullivan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services, International Trade Administration, US Department of Commerce
- Mr. Peter Swire, Elizabeth and Tommy Holder Chair of Law and Ethics, Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business, and Research Director, Cross-Border Data Forum
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.