Legislative Strategy Intern
Department: Legislative Strategy
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Senior Director, Legislative Strategy
BSA | The Software Alliance is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life. With headquarters in Washington, DC and operations in more than 60 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
The Legislative Strategy Intern will work as part of a small team on activities that support BSA’s policy goals, corporate positioning, and reputation. The intern will develop knowledge of BSA, its member companies, and the association’s high-priority issues, including intellectual property protection, trade policy, data privacy, and cybersecurity. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in developing public policy. The intern will work closely with and report to the Senior Director, Legislative Strategy.
Candidates must be able to work at least twenty (20) hours a week with the flexibility to work additional hours if desired.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate status at an accredited University required.
- Rising junior, senior or graduate student preferred.
- Interest in global software industry and public policy.
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborating effectively with BSA Legislative Strategy and policy staff, consultants, and members.
- Strong writing and analytical skills, oral communications, and listening skills.
- Attention to detail along with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent internet research skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Sense of humor helpful.
- Previous work or internship experience a plus.
- Assist BSA’s Legislative Strategy team with their daily work and activities includingattending relevant hearings and events.
- Conduct research on policy issues.
- Draft memos to Legislative Strategy team on assigned topics.
- Update internal databases and tracking documents.
- Other special projects as-needed.
About BSA Benefits:
BSA offer benefits for our interns, including:
- Exceptional 401k plan employer contributions
- Professional development funds
- Fully remote work
- And much more!
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.
BSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We embrace and reflect diversity in our staff and seek skilled individuals who are motivated and passionate about the industry, our work and expansive community.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at BSA | The Software Alliance!