Data Myths and Realities at The National Press Club
As part of The National Press Club’s Newsmaker series, BSA | The Software Alliance convened an expert discussion about how data really works, the promise of continued innovation and the need to foster a policy environment that ensures society captures the maximum possible benefit.
Event Highlights Video (4:25):
Click here to watch the full panel discussion.
Speakers: Moderated by Frank Maisano; panelists include:
- Victoria Espinel, President & CEO, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Bruce Andrews, Deputy Secretary, US Department of Commerce
- Dr. Jane Snowdon, Chief Innovation Officer, IBM Federal
- John Nesi, VP Market Development, Rockwell Automation
Thanks to innovative new software, vast computing power and connected devices, we have entered a new era of data innovation. It is changing the way the world identifies problems, and it is giving us new tools to solve them. The benefits of this innovation extend to nearly every aspect of business, the economy and modern society, but the increasing abundance of data also has raised questions for many people, and it has fed misperceptions.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014, at 2 p.m.
The National Press Club – 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC 20045
- Techpost: BSA's Executive Survey Shows the Benefits of Data Innovation Across the Whole Economy
- Press Release: Data Analytics Important to Two-Thirds of US, European Companies, Executive Survey Finds
For more information, contact BSA Communications Manager Kara Kelber at (202) 266-2526 or KaraK@bsa.org.
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.