Data Myths and Realities at The National Press Club
As part of The National Press Club’s Newsmaker series, BSA | The Software Alliance convened an expert discussion about how data really works, the promise of continued innovation and the need to foster a policy environment that ensures society captures the maximum possible benefit.
Event Highlights Video (4:25):
Click here to watch the full panel discussion.
Speakers: Moderated by Frank Maisano; panelists include:
- Victoria Espinel, President & CEO, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Bruce Andrews, Deputy Secretary, US Department of Commerce
- Dr. Jane Snowdon, Chief Innovation Officer, IBM Federal
- John Nesi, VP Market Development, Rockwell Automation
Thanks to innovative new software, vast computing power and connected devices, we have entered a new era of data innovation. It is changing the way the world identifies problems, and it is giving us new tools to solve them. The benefits of this innovation extend to nearly every aspect of business, the economy and modern society, but the increasing abundance of data also has raised questions for many people, and it has fed misperceptions.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014, at 2 p.m.
The National Press Club – 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC 20045
- Techpost: BSA's Executive Survey Shows the Benefits of Data Innovation Across the Whole Economy
- Press Release: Data Analytics Important to Two-Thirds of US, European Companies, Executive Survey Finds
For more information, contact BSA Communications Manager Kara Kelber at (202) 266-2526 or KaraK@bsa.org.
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。