Virtual Event: Ethical AI—How Do We Guarantee Algorithms Are Making The Right Decisions?
October 5, 2020
The rapid development of AI and machine learning presents a huge opportunity to streamline systems, make businesses more profitable and improve services across industries. Yet questions are frequently raised about how algorithms can make decisions that are reliant on context or empathy and how accountability can be enforced in a world of automated decision making.
In the margins of the UK Conservative Party Conference 2020, Onward has gathered an expert panel to consider the ethical and political implications of AI.
- Matt Warman MP, Minister for Digital Infrastructure
- Victoria Espinel, President and CEO, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Stephen Metcalfe MP, Co-Chairman, APPG on Artificial Intelligence
- Kulveer Ranger, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Communications, Atos
- Sue Daley, Associate Director, Technology and Innovation, TechUK
- Will Tanner, Director, Onward
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.