Virtual Event: Ethical AI—How Do We Guarantee Algorithms Are Making The Right Decisions?
October 5, 2020
The rapid development of AI and machine learning presents a huge opportunity to streamline systems, make businesses more profitable and improve services across industries. Yet questions are frequently raised about how algorithms can make decisions that are reliant on context or empathy and how accountability can be enforced in a world of automated decision making.
In the margins of the UK Conservative Party Conference 2020, Onward has gathered an expert panel to consider the ethical and political implications of AI.
- Matt Warman MP, Minister for Digital Infrastructure
- Victoria Espinel, President and CEO, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Stephen Metcalfe MP, Co-Chairman, APPG on Artificial Intelligence
- Kulveer Ranger, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Communications, Atos
- Sue Daley, Associate Director, Technology and Innovation, TechUK
- Will Tanner, Director, Onward
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.