Virtual Event: A Call to Action on Federal Privacy Legislation
May 5, 2021, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET
Today, more and more American consumers fear a loss of control over their personal data. As more and more states take their own action on protecting data privacy, a recent poll from Morning Consult revealed 80% of both Democrats and Republicans said Congress should make privacy a “top” or “important” priority in 2021. Please join us for a discussion around the importance of enacting federal privacy legislation, hosted by the Business Software Alliance, Common Sense, the National Consumers League, and the 21st Century Privacy Coalition. Bipartisan Members of Congress will share their perspectives, and leading consumer and business groups will make a new commitment to work together to achieve this goal.
Speakers and Panelists
- Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Chair, Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Gus Bilirakis (R-FL), Ranking Member, Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Richard Blumenthal, (D-CT), Chair, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation
Consumer and Business Groups
- John Breyault, Vice President, Public Policy, Telecommunications and Fraud at National Consumers League
- Aaron Cooper, Vice President of Global Policy, BSA/The Software Alliance
- Ariel Fox Johnson, Senior Counsel, Global Policy, Common Sense
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director, National Consumers League
- Maureen Ohlhausen and Jon Leibowitz, Co-Chairs, 21st Century Privacy Coalition and former FTC Chairs.
Watch the event recording here.
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.