Virtual Event: A Call to Action on Federal Privacy Legislation
May 5, 2021, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET
Speaker: Aaron Cooper, Vice President, Global Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
Today, more and more American consumers fear a loss of control over their personal data. As more and more states take their own action on protecting data privacy, a recent poll from Morning Consult revealed 80% of both Democrats and Republicans said Congress should make privacy a “top” or “important” priority in 2021. Please join us for a discussion around the importance of enacting federal privacy legislation, hosted by the Business Software Alliance, Common Sense, the National Consumers League, and the 21st Century Privacy Coalition. Bipartisan Members of Congress will share their perspectives, and leading consumer and business groups will make a new commitment to work together to achieve this goal.
Speakers and Panelists
- Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Chair, Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Gus Bilirakis (R-FL), Ranking Member, Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Richard Blumenthal, (D-CT), Chair, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation
Consumer and Business Groups
- John Breyault, Vice President, Public Policy, Telecommunications and Fraud at National Consumers League
- Aaron Cooper, Vice President of Global Policy, BSA/The Software Alliance
- Ariel Fox Johnson, Senior Counsel, Global Policy, Common Sense
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director, National Consumers League
- Maureen Ohlhausen and Jon Leibowitz, Co-Chairs, 21st Century Privacy Coalition and former FTC Chairs.
Watch the event recording here.
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。