Virtual Event: A Call to Action on Federal Privacy Legislation
May 5, 2021, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET
Today, more and more American consumers fear a loss of control over their personal data. As more and more states take their own action on protecting data privacy, a recent poll from Morning Consult revealed 80% of both Democrats and Republicans said Congress should make privacy a “top” or “important” priority in 2021. Please join us for a discussion around the importance of enacting federal privacy legislation, hosted by the Business Software Alliance, Common Sense, the National Consumers League, and the 21st Century Privacy Coalition. Bipartisan Members of Congress will share their perspectives, and leading consumer and business groups will make a new commitment to work together to achieve this goal.
Speakers and Panelists
- Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Chair, Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Gus Bilirakis (R-FL), Ranking Member, Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Richard Blumenthal, (D-CT), Chair, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation
Consumer and Business Groups
- John Breyault, Vice President, Public Policy, Telecommunications and Fraud at National Consumers League
- Aaron Cooper, Vice President of Global Policy, BSA/The Software Alliance
- Ariel Fox Johnson, Senior Counsel, Global Policy, Common Sense
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director, National Consumers League
- Maureen Ohlhausen and Jon Leibowitz, Co-Chairs, 21st Century Privacy Coalition and former FTC Chairs.
Watch the event recording here.
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.