CPDP 2022: Data Protection and Privacy in Transitional Times
May 25, 2022
BSA’s Aaron Cooper joins a panel discussion, “International Transfers on the Ground,” looking at the practical issues surrounding international data transfers under the GDPR. The panel takes a broad perspective and considers the real-world impact of the law surrounding international transfers and efforts on the ground to approach these issues, guided by the following questions:
- What are the different types of impacts – for example, on companies and individuals – from current law on international transfers?
- What changes have recent developments in law – for example in Schrems II –produced on the ground?
- What steps are being taken, by practitioners, policy makers, etc. to tackle those changes?
- In light of the current situation, what needs to be done moving forward?
- Christian Brundell, Squire Patton Boggs
- Alan Butler, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
- Aaron Cooper, BSA, The Software Alliance
- Eduardo Ustaran, Hogan Lovells
- Alisa Vekeman, European Commission
- Laura Drechlser, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
More Information: https://www.cpdpconferences.org
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.