CPDP 2022: Data Protection and Privacy in Transitional Times
May 25, 2022
Speaker: Aaron Cooper, Vice President, Global Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
BSA’s Aaron Cooper joins a panel discussion, “International Transfers on the Ground,” looking at the practical issues surrounding international data transfers under the GDPR. The panel takes a broad perspective and considers the real-world impact of the law surrounding international transfers and efforts on the ground to approach these issues, guided by the following questions:
- What are the different types of impacts – for example, on companies and individuals – from current law on international transfers?
- What changes have recent developments in law – for example in Schrems II –produced on the ground?
- What steps are being taken, by practitioners, policy makers, etc. to tackle those changes?
- In light of the current situation, what needs to be done moving forward?
- Christian Brundell, Squire Patton Boggs
- Alan Butler, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
- Aaron Cooper, BSA, The Software Alliance
- Eduardo Ustaran, Hogan Lovells
- Alisa Vekeman, European Commission
- Laura Drechlser, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
More Information: https://www.cpdpconferences.org
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that help businesses of all sizes in every part of the economy to modernize and grow.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.