Forum Global's 4th Annual Data Privacy Conference USA
September 13, 2022
Speaker: Aaron Cooper, Vice President, Global Policy at BSA | The Software Alliance
The collection and use of personal data are at the core of business models and innovation in today’s data economy. However, in the absence of federal data privacy rules and common transparency requirements, individuals have limited control over how their data is collected, used, and shared.
This panel will explore the complex convergence between the data privacy and competition regulatory spheres, their overlapping objectives, where these regulatory areas complement each other, and what tensions exist. Experts will discuss the extent to which these issues are appropriately addressed by President Biden’s Executive Order “Promoting Competition in the American Economy” directing the FTC to start a rulemaking process to strengthen consumers’ data privacy – by various bills being introduced by Congress and by industry players who continue to take further action to self-regulate by rolling out privacy-focused changes to their services.
- Aaron Cooper from BSA | The Software Alliance;
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen, Section Chair at Antitrust & Competition Law and Partner at Baker Botts;
- George Slover, General Counsel and Senior Counsel for Competition Policy at Center for Democracy & Technology;
- Jane Bambauer, Professor of Law at University of Arizona;
- Ryan Nabil, Research Fellow at Competitive Enterprise Institute;
- Jonathan Cannon, Policy Counsel, Technology and Innovation at R Street
More Information: https://dataprivacy-conference.com/
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.