Forum Global's 4th Annual Data Privacy Conference USA
September 13, 2022
The collection and use of personal data are at the core of business models and innovation in today’s data economy. However, in the absence of federal data privacy rules and common transparency requirements, individuals have limited control over how their data is collected, used, and shared.
This panel will explore the complex convergence between the data privacy and competition regulatory spheres, their overlapping objectives, where these regulatory areas complement each other, and what tensions exist. Experts will discuss the extent to which these issues are appropriately addressed by President Biden’s Executive Order “Promoting Competition in the American Economy” directing the FTC to start a rulemaking process to strengthen consumers’ data privacy – by various bills being introduced by Congress and by industry players who continue to take further action to self-regulate by rolling out privacy-focused changes to their services.
- Aaron Cooper from BSA | The Software Alliance;
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen, Section Chair at Antitrust & Competition Law and Partner at Baker Botts;
- George Slover, General Counsel and Senior Counsel for Competition Policy at Center for Democracy & Technology;
- Jane Bambauer, Professor of Law at University of Arizona;
- Ryan Nabil, Research Fellow at Competitive Enterprise Institute;
- Jonathan Cannon, Policy Counsel, Technology and Innovation at R Street
More Information: https://dataprivacy-conference.com/
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.