Forum Global's 4th Annual Data Privacy Conference USA
September 13, 2022
The collection and use of personal data are at the core of business models and innovation in today’s data economy. However, in the absence of federal data privacy rules and common transparency requirements, individuals have limited control over how their data is collected, used, and shared.
This panel will explore the complex convergence between the data privacy and competition regulatory spheres, their overlapping objectives, where these regulatory areas complement each other, and what tensions exist. Experts will discuss the extent to which these issues are appropriately addressed by President Biden’s Executive Order “Promoting Competition in the American Economy” directing the FTC to start a rulemaking process to strengthen consumers’ data privacy – by various bills being introduced by Congress and by industry players who continue to take further action to self-regulate by rolling out privacy-focused changes to their services.
- Aaron Cooper from BSA | The Software Alliance;
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen, Section Chair at Antitrust & Competition Law and Partner at Baker Botts;
- George Slover, General Counsel and Senior Counsel for Competition Policy at Center for Democracy & Technology;
- Jane Bambauer, Professor of Law at University of Arizona;
- Ryan Nabil, Research Fellow at Competitive Enterprise Institute;
- Jonathan Cannon, Policy Counsel, Technology and Innovation at R Street
More Information: https://dataprivacy-conference.com/
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。