Virtual Event: ATxSummit, Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy
July 13, 2021, 9:25-10:35 a.m. SGT
BSA's Jared Ragland serves as a guest question asker during the the “Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy” session of the ATxSummit.
The volume and variety of data being collected and used has increased dramatically in recent years. The unprecedented innovations in the use of data have presented limitless potential for economic growth and social development, but also have the potential to be misused. "Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy" will discuss the power of data to generate economic and social value; key challenges that need to be addressed to support equitable access to data and data driven innovations; and how trust can be fostered to build a resilient ecosystem, including the important findings of the World Bank Development Report 2021: Data for Better Lives.
- H.E. Kersti Kaljulaid - President, Republic of Estonia
- The Honourable Jane Hume - Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and the Digital Economy, Minister for Women’s Economic Security, Australia
- Victoria Kwakwa - Vice President for East Asia and Pacific Region, World Bank
- Yeong Zee Kin - Assistant Chief Executive (Data Innovation & Protection Group) (Moderator), Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore
- Brad Smith - President, Microsoft
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.