Virtual Event: ATxSummit, Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy
July 13, 2021, 9:25-10:35 a.m. SGT
Speaker: Jared Ragland, Senior Director, Policy — APAC, BSA | The Software Alliance
BSA's Jared Ragland serves as a guest question asker during the the “Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy” session of the ATxSummit.
The volume and variety of data being collected and used has increased dramatically in recent years. The unprecedented innovations in the use of data have presented limitless potential for economic growth and social development, but also have the potential to be misused. "Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy" will discuss the power of data to generate economic and social value; key challenges that need to be addressed to support equitable access to data and data driven innovations; and how trust can be fostered to build a resilient ecosystem, including the important findings of the World Bank Development Report 2021: Data for Better Lives.
- H.E. Kersti Kaljulaid - President, Republic of Estonia
- The Honourable Jane Hume - Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and the Digital Economy, Minister for Women’s Economic Security, Australia
- Victoria Kwakwa - Vice President for East Asia and Pacific Region, World Bank
- Yeong Zee Kin - Assistant Chief Executive (Data Innovation & Protection Group) (Moderator), Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore
- Brad Smith - President, Microsoft
More Information: https://asiatechxsg.com/atxsummit/agenda/1/#building-trust-and-cooperation-in-the-data-economy_9-30am
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that help businesses of all sizes in every part of the economy to modernize and grow.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.