Virtual Event: ATxSummit, Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy
July 13, 2021, 9:25-10:35 a.m. SGT
BSA's Jared Ragland serves as a guest question asker during the the “Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy” session of the ATxSummit.
The volume and variety of data being collected and used has increased dramatically in recent years. The unprecedented innovations in the use of data have presented limitless potential for economic growth and social development, but also have the potential to be misused. "Building Trust and Cooperation in the Data Economy" will discuss the power of data to generate economic and social value; key challenges that need to be addressed to support equitable access to data and data driven innovations; and how trust can be fostered to build a resilient ecosystem, including the important findings of the World Bank Development Report 2021: Data for Better Lives.
- H.E. Kersti Kaljulaid - President, Republic of Estonia
- The Honourable Jane Hume - Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and the Digital Economy, Minister for Women’s Economic Security, Australia
- Victoria Kwakwa - Vice President for East Asia and Pacific Region, World Bank
- Yeong Zee Kin - Assistant Chief Executive (Data Innovation & Protection Group) (Moderator), Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore
- Brad Smith - President, Microsoft
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。