Belgium: ThinkDigital Summit 2018
ThinkDigital Summit 2018
November 20, 2018
- Panel on the Ethical and Social Implications Of Artificial Intelligence
- Pilar Del Castillo Vera, Member of European Parliament
- Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy – EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Göran Karlsson, AI Innovation Executive, TCS
- Juha Heikkilä, Head of Unit, Robotics, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Closing Session - Europe In 2019 - EU Elections Digital Challenges And Opportunities
- Welcome address - Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy – EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Keynote: Julian King, European Commissioner for the Security Union
On November 8, BSA sponsored the ThinkDigital Summit 2018, an event organized in Brussels by the European Business Summit. BSA supported both a panel on the “Ethical and Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence” and a closing reception to celebrate BSA’s milestone 30th anniversary.
This year’s summit looked at topics including health data, AI ethics, trust in the digital era, and more. Thomas Boué, BSA’s Director General of Policy – EMEA, joined a panel with Pilar Del Castillo Vera, Member of European Parliament, Juha Heikkilä, Head of Unit, Robotics in DG CNECT at the European Commission, and Göran Karlsson, AI Innovation Executive at TCS to discuss the “Ethical and Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence.” He presented BSA’s position that context and purpose are key when analyzing the risks and benefits of AI.
Julian King, European Commissioner for the Security Union, closed the conference with a keynote address. Thomas Boué introduced the Commissioner, opening the discussion of security in the 2019 European elections. He highlighted the digital challenges and opportunities tied to the elections from a cybersecurity perspective.
To close the event and celebrate BSA’s 30th Anniversary, Thomas Boué gave a toast to the great impact software has in Europe, including the contribution to the EU’s GDP, job creation, and more. BSA members including IBM, Symantec, Intel and Adobe joined the BSA team to celebrate the occasion.
Learn more: ThinkDigital Summit
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。