Belgium: ThinkDigital Summit 2018
ThinkDigital Summit 2018
November 20, 2018
- Panel on the Ethical and Social Implications Of Artificial Intelligence
- Pilar Del Castillo Vera, Member of European Parliament
- Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy – EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Göran Karlsson, AI Innovation Executive, TCS
- Juha Heikkilä, Head of Unit, Robotics, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Closing Session - Europe In 2019 - EU Elections Digital Challenges And Opportunities
- Welcome address - Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy – EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Keynote: Julian King, European Commissioner for the Security Union
On November 8, BSA sponsored the ThinkDigital Summit 2018, an event organized in Brussels by the European Business Summit. BSA supported both a panel on the “Ethical and Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence” and a closing reception to celebrate BSA’s milestone 30th anniversary.
This year’s summit looked at topics including health data, AI ethics, trust in the digital era, and more. Thomas Boué, BSA’s Director General of Policy – EMEA, joined a panel with Pilar Del Castillo Vera, Member of European Parliament, Juha Heikkilä, Head of Unit, Robotics in DG CNECT at the European Commission, and Göran Karlsson, AI Innovation Executive at TCS to discuss the “Ethical and Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence.” He presented BSA’s position that context and purpose are key when analyzing the risks and benefits of AI.
Julian King, European Commissioner for the Security Union, closed the conference with a keynote address. Thomas Boué introduced the Commissioner, opening the discussion of security in the 2019 European elections. He highlighted the digital challenges and opportunities tied to the elections from a cybersecurity perspective.
To close the event and celebrate BSA’s 30th Anniversary, Thomas Boué gave a toast to the great impact software has in Europe, including the contribution to the EU’s GDP, job creation, and more. BSA members including IBM, Symantec, Intel and Adobe joined the BSA team to celebrate the occasion.
Learn more: ThinkDigital Summit
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.