US: Data Innovation Policy: Enabling Access and Promoting Use
Hosted by Microsoft Corporation and BSA | The Software Alliance
November 14, 2019
20 F Street, NW, Washington, DC
As our devices become smarter and our infrastructure more interconnected, the volume of data being generated by public and private sources on a daily basis is exploding. Open data policies have emerged as a critical driver of innovation in government and across every industry sector. Join BSA and Microsoft for a conversation with experts about the latest developments in open data policy and what is coming next.
10:00 a.m. – Welcome
- Aaron Cooper, Vice President, Global Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
10:10 a.m. – Data Sharing: What’s at Stake?
- Video Presentation: Seattle Children's Hospital SIDS research with Microsoft
10:15 a.m. – Remarks from Rep. Derek Kilmer (D-WA), sponsor of the OPEN government Data Act
- Introduction by Erich Andersen, Corporate Vice President and Chief IP Counsel, Microsoft Corporation
10:30 a.m. – Panel 1: Federal Open Data Policy: What’s Next?
- Dr. Mona Siddiqui, Chief Data Officer, Office of the CTO, Department of Health and Human Services
- Charles Duan, Senior Fellow and Director, Technology & Innovation, R Street Institute
- Steefan Verhulst, Co-Founder and Chief Research and Development Officer, NYU GovLab
- Pam Walker, Senior Policy Analyst, Splunk
- Clifton Roberts, Global Director, Cloud & Data Policy, Intel
- Moderator: Christian Troncoso, Director, Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
11:15 a.m. – Panel 2: Industry Perspective: New Governance Approaches to Data Sharing
- Erich Andersen, Corporate Vice President and Chief IP Counsel, Microsoft Corporation
- Brenda Kostelecky, Director, Cascadia Data Alliance, Fred Hutch
- Chris O’Neill, Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property, IBM
- Brian Raymond, Director, Global Digital Policy, Siemens
- Moderator: Chris Hopfensperger, Executive Director, Software.org
This event has been planned to comply with the requirements of Legislative and Executive Branch gift rules. Executive Branch personnel wishing to attend should consult with the designated Agency Ethics Office.
If you need accommodations at the event or have accessibility related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Register Now
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。