US: Data Innovation Policy: Enabling Access and Promoting Use
Hosted by Microsoft Corporation and BSA | The Software Alliance
November 14, 2019
20 F Street, NW, Washington, DC
As our devices become smarter and our infrastructure more interconnected, the volume of data being generated by public and private sources on a daily basis is exploding. Open data policies have emerged as a critical driver of innovation in government and across every industry sector. Join BSA and Microsoft for a conversation with experts about the latest developments in open data policy and what is coming next.
10:00 a.m. – Welcome
- Aaron Cooper, Vice President, Global Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
10:10 a.m. – Data Sharing: What’s at Stake?
- Video Presentation: Seattle Children's Hospital SIDS research with Microsoft
10:15 a.m. – Remarks from Rep. Derek Kilmer (D-WA), sponsor of the OPEN government Data Act
- Introduction by Erich Andersen, Corporate Vice President and Chief IP Counsel, Microsoft Corporation
10:30 a.m. – Panel 1: Federal Open Data Policy: What’s Next?
- Dr. Mona Siddiqui, Chief Data Officer, Office of the CTO, Department of Health and Human Services
- Charles Duan, Senior Fellow and Director, Technology & Innovation, R Street Institute
- Steefan Verhulst, Co-Founder and Chief Research and Development Officer, NYU GovLab
- Pam Walker, Senior Policy Analyst, Splunk
- Clifton Roberts, Global Director, Cloud & Data Policy, Intel
- Moderator: Christian Troncoso, Director, Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
11:15 a.m. – Panel 2: Industry Perspective: New Governance Approaches to Data Sharing
- Erich Andersen, Corporate Vice President and Chief IP Counsel, Microsoft Corporation
- Brenda Kostelecky, Director, Cascadia Data Alliance, Fred Hutch
- Chris O’Neill, Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property, IBM
- Brian Raymond, Director, Global Digital Policy, Siemens
- Moderator: Chris Hopfensperger, Executive Director, Software.org
This event has been planned to comply with the requirements of Legislative and Executive Branch gift rules. Executive Branch personnel wishing to attend should consult with the designated Agency Ethics Office.
If you need accommodations at the event or have accessibility related questions, please email email@example.com.Register Now
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.