Virtual Event: Fair Tech Forum 2021 – EU vs Biden: Conflict or Compromise on Tech Policy?
June 14, 2021
Speaker: Isabelle Roccia, Director, Policy – EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
For decades, the US and the EU have collaborated on global and regional political and economic challenges. Alliances are critical, and transatlantic agreement on tech policy is no exception.
The Biden Administration brings many opportunities, including the chance for EU-US relations to be more aligned when it comes to tech policy. However, whether it is cross-border data flows, AI regulation, or content moderation, Europe and the US come at the debate from different starting points. As the US considers changes to intermediary liability standards and Europe works to develop the Digital Services Act, how will these differences play out for companies? Can the two sides of the Atlantic figure out a joint model that satisfies both?
- Isabelle Roccia, Director, Policy - EMEA
- Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, Member of European Union Parliament for Finland
- Christian Borggreen, Vice President Computer & Communications Industry Association
- Alec Stapp, Director of Technology Policy, Progressive Policy Institute
- Anderson Heiman, Principal, Monument Advocacy
This event is organized by Access Partnership.
More Information: https://hopin.com/events/fair-tech-forum#speakers
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。