Virtual Event: EU Digital Strategy – A Holistic Vision For A Digital Europe?
June 16, 2021
The EU digital strategy sketches an ambitious approach to sculpt Europe's digital future – covering areas and issues as diverse as the digital economy and value extraction from industrial data, to the impact of digital transformation on the environment, to the shaping of open and democratic societies. Yet the optimal content and implementation of digital policy in Europe – of any form – is always subject to fierce contestation. A policy as ambitious as the EU Digital Strategy is no exception. This panel will explore the EU Digital Strategy and consider the following questions:
- What are the key goals of the strategy, how will they be implemented, and how will this impact existing EU law and policy?
- To what degree does the strategy effectively balance the competing interests implied in digitization and data processing?
- What factors will influence the successful implementation of the strategy?
- What impacts should/will the strategy have beyond Europe's borders?
- Jules Polonetsky, CEO, Future of Privacy Forum
- Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy - EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Mireille Hildebrandt, Principle Investigator, COHUBICOL
- Finn Lutzow-Holm Myrstad, Director of Digital Policy and Energy at Forbrukerrådet
- Karolina Mojzesowicz, Deputy Head of Unit Data Protection, European Commission
This event is organized by the International Association of Privacy Professionals and CPDP Conferences.
More Information: https://www.linkedin.com/events/6807691470309601280/
SOBRE A BSA
A BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) é a principal defensora do setor global de software perante governos e no mercado internacional. Seus membros estão entre as empresas mais inovadoras do mundo, criando soluções de software que estimulam a economia e melhoram a vida moderna.
Com sede em Washington, DC e operações em mais de 30 países, a BSA promove programas de conformidade que promovem o uso legal de software e defendem políticas públicas que promovem a inovação tecnológica e o crescimento da economia digital.