Virtual Event: EU Digital Strategy – A Holistic Vision For A Digital Europe?
June 16, 2021
Speaker: Thomas Boué, Director General, EMEA Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
The EU digital strategy sketches an ambitious approach to sculpt Europe's digital future – covering areas and issues as diverse as the digital economy and value extraction from industrial data, to the impact of digital transformation on the environment, to the shaping of open and democratic societies. Yet the optimal content and implementation of digital policy in Europe – of any form – is always subject to fierce contestation. A policy as ambitious as the EU Digital Strategy is no exception. This panel will explore the EU Digital Strategy and consider the following questions:
- What are the key goals of the strategy, how will they be implemented, and how will this impact existing EU law and policy?
- To what degree does the strategy effectively balance the competing interests implied in digitization and data processing?
- What factors will influence the successful implementation of the strategy?
- What impacts should/will the strategy have beyond Europe's borders?
- Jules Polonetsky, CEO, Future of Privacy Forum
- Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy - EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Mireille Hildebrandt, Principle Investigator, COHUBICOL
- Finn Lutzow-Holm Myrstad, Director of Digital Policy and Energy at Forbrukerrådet
- Karolina Mojzesowicz, Deputy Head of Unit Data Protection, European Commission
This event is organized by the International Association of Privacy Professionals and CPDP Conferences.
More Information: https://www.linkedin.com/events/6807691470309601280/
BSA |“软件联盟”(www.bsa.org) 是全球软件行业的主要倡导者，旨在代表该行业，向政府和国际市场发声。其成员包括全球最具创新力的公司，这些公司制定的软件解决方案，不但能够刺激经济，还能提升现代生活的品质。
BSA 的总部位于华盛顿特区，其营运机构遍布 30 多个国家。BSA 凭借这些机构，率先涉足合规项目，以期促进使用合法软件、倡导制定公共政策，并以此培养技术创新能力，以及推动发展数字经济。