Virtual Event: EU Digital Strategy – A Holistic Vision For A Digital Europe?
June 16, 2021
Speaker: Thomas Boué, Director General, EMEA Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
The EU digital strategy sketches an ambitious approach to sculpt Europe's digital future – covering areas and issues as diverse as the digital economy and value extraction from industrial data, to the impact of digital transformation on the environment, to the shaping of open and democratic societies. Yet the optimal content and implementation of digital policy in Europe – of any form – is always subject to fierce contestation. A policy as ambitious as the EU Digital Strategy is no exception. This panel will explore the EU Digital Strategy and consider the following questions:
- What are the key goals of the strategy, how will they be implemented, and how will this impact existing EU law and policy?
- To what degree does the strategy effectively balance the competing interests implied in digitization and data processing?
- What factors will influence the successful implementation of the strategy?
- What impacts should/will the strategy have beyond Europe's borders?
- Jules Polonetsky, CEO, Future of Privacy Forum
- Thomas Boué, Director General, Policy - EMEA, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Mireille Hildebrandt, Principle Investigator, COHUBICOL
- Finn Lutzow-Holm Myrstad, Director of Digital Policy and Energy at Forbrukerrådet
- Karolina Mojzesowicz, Deputy Head of Unit Data Protection, European Commission
This event is organized by the International Association of Privacy Professionals and CPDP Conferences.
More Information: https://www.linkedin.com/events/6807691470309601280/
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that help businesses of all sizes in every part of the economy to modernize and grow.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.