Thailand’s National Cyber Resilience Readiness as Influence on Foreign Direct Investment
Speaker: Jared Ragland, Senior Policy Director, APAC for BSA | The Software Alliance
BSA’s Jared Ragland will join a policy roundtable discussion on Thailand’s National Cyber Resilience Readiness as Influence on Foreign Direct Investment. In collaboration with the US-SEAN Business Council, LeTEC, Microsoft, and BSA | The Software Alliance, have come together to discuss a variety of cybersecurity issues with a variety of speakers and different panel discussions.
A national cyber resilience readiness is a critical issue for foreign direct investment. Highlighted as a top priority by governments worldwide, a country's readiness to protect critical information infrastructure against cyber-attacks is a central pillar of effective investment promotion policy - assuring foreign direct investors of the readiness to manage associated cybersecurity risk. But developing and maintaining cybersecurity protection in critical information infrastructure (CII) and financial services institutions (FSI) is challenging, including to the extent that CII and FSI agencies comply with regulations, manage complex digital infrastructure in the connected environment with various protocols, and face the threat of sophisticated supply chain attacks. To increase the cybersecurity awareness, our panel will explore challenges associated with Thailand's national cyber resilience readiness and discuss policy instruments to address the challenges as CII and FSI agencies develop and maintain their cyber resilience.
- Jared Ragland from BSA | The Software Alliance;
- Amy Mahn, International Policy Specialist, Applied Cybersecurity Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST);
- Dr. Jasmine Begum, Regional Director, Legal, Corporate and Government Affairs Southeast Asia and SEA & Emerging Markets, Microsoft;
- Dr. Amnart Tangkiriphimarn, Vice Dean for International Affairs at Faculty of Law, Thammasat University;
- AVM Amorn Chomchoey, Secretary-General, National Cyber Security Agency (NCSA);
- Pinyo Treepetcharaporn, Director, Technology Risk Supervision Department, Bank of Thailand
- Dr. Narun Popattanachai, Government Legal Counsel, Office of the Council of State;
- Dr. Amnart Tangkiriphimarn, Vice Dean for International Affairs at Faculty of Law, Thammasat University
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.