JAN 28, 2020 | US
BSA’s 2020 Agenda Calls for Responsible Tech Policies
Agenda highlights building trust with strong privacy, cybersecurity, and trade policies
WASHINGTON – January 28, 2020 – BSA | The Software Alliance today released its 2020 US Policy Agenda. To encourage continued growth in software jobs and economic opportunity, BSA’s 2020 agenda identifies seven key areas where policymakers can act to protect consumers, foster growth, and boost innovation.
“Every sector of the US economy depends on software to succeed and grow. We need modern laws and policies that build trust between people, companies, and government so everyone can be confident that technology is being used responsibly. BSA stands ready to collaborate with policymakers to achieve long-lasting solutions to the public policy issues that arise as technology advances,” said Victoria Espinel, President and CEO of BSA | The Software Alliance. “One of the most important policies we’ll continue to engage on this year is data privacy. BSA member companies support strong privacy protections and are eager to partner with lawmakers to establish high standards.”
BSA looks forward to working with Congress and the administration on a range of priorities in 2020, including:
- Consumer Data Privacy: Consumers deserve transparency, clarity, and confidence in how their data is being used. One clear, modernized set of federal standards is important to ensure consistent and high standards throughout the country.
- Smart and Strong Cybersecurity: The world is more connected now than ever. To address evolving cybersecurity challenges, government and industry must have a strong partnership.
- International Data Agreements and Digital Trade: Businesses rely on the ability to move data across borders responsibly. Strong, enforceable digital trade rules and international data agreements are necessary to prevent countries from using localization policies that harm the ability of US companies to compete abroad and hire in the US.
- Realizing the Potential of Artificial Intelligence: AI is driving advances in healthcare, agriculture, infrastructure, security, and many other areas. Understanding how emerging technologies like AI work, and building long-term strategies to manage challenges, will help realize the technology’s potential and create a framework for addressing public policy issues as they arise.
- Intellectual Property Protection: Intellectual property protections foster research and development, which in turn drives innovation. Policies to protect IP are critical to maintaining investment in US business R&D.
- Law Enforcement Access to Data: To combat crime and threats to national security, law enforcement and the technology community must work together. Now is the time to take practical steps to enable lawful access to digital evidence in ways that reinforce constitutional privacy protections and don’t undermine cyber defenses.
- Modern Workforce for the Digital Economy: The software economy creates more than 14 million jobs, and that number is projected to grow. The American workforce needs access to a range of educational and retraining opportunities to prepare for the new digital economy.
To read the full 2020 policy agenda, visit: www.bsa.org/policyagenda
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.