AUG 26, 2020 | US
BSA Calls on Congress to Support Responsible AI, Cybersecurity in FY21 NDAA
WASHINGTON – August 26, 2020 – BSA | The Software Alliance today sent a letter to the House and Senate Armed Services Committees urging both committees to include provisions to advance cybersecurity, drive agile and meaningful innovation, and harness emerging technologies in the Fiscal Year 2021 National Defense Authorization Act (FY21 NDAA).
As the conference committee proceeds, BSA urges Congressional leadership to:
- Boost US leadership on AI by directing NIST to begin developing a risk management framework.
- Invest in innovative software solutions to 5G supply chain challenges by supporting development and deployment of virtualized Radio Access Network and open RAN initiatives.
- Improve the US Department of Defense’s ability to access the most innovative, secure software by requiring software vendors to describe their secure development lifecycle and vulnerability management practices when competing for DoD software acquisitions.
- Strengthen cybersecurity by adopting key recommendations of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission.
- Build a cybersecurity workforce for the 21st century with grant programs to support STEM education in JROTC and improvements to the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education.
“The House and Senate Armed Services Committees have taken important steps to improve national security and enhance the ability of the Department of Defense to innovate through provisions in the FY21 NDAA,” said Tommy Ross, Senior Director, Policy at BSA | The Software Alliance. “BSA stands ready to work with conferees as they work to develop a final version of the bill, which we hope will address several of the concerns raised in our letter.”
Read the full letter here.
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.