JAN 25, 2022 | US
BSA To Focus on Digital Transformation, Modernizing Tech Policy in 2022
New US policy agenda outlines enterprise tech association’s top 10 priorities
WASHINGTON – January 25, 2022 – BSA | The Software Alliance today released its 2022 US Policy Agenda, highlighting data privacy, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and international data transfers as some of its top policy issues for the coming year.
“Software supports 16 million jobs in the US, including 12.5 million outside the tech sector. Creating an environment where digital transformation and technological innovation can continue to drive growth and create opportunity is BSA’s top priority in 2022,” said Victoria Espinel, President and CEO of BSA | The Software Alliance. “Government and companies in every industry can reap huge benefits from technology solutions that increase productivity, ensure privacy and security, and foster inclusive economic growth. Modernizing laws will help spread the benefits of technology to all while ensuring that it remains trustworthy and responsible.”
BSA is eager to work with Congress and the Administration in 2022 to make meaningful progress on a range of issues, including:
- Inclusive Economic Opportunity: Improving access to digital skills education, supporting additional pathways into the workforce, and expanding broadband and computer access will help all Americans access the opportunities software and digital services provide.
- Real Data Privacy: A clear, modernized federal framework is key to ensure consistent and high privacy standards throughout the US.
- Smart and Strong Cybersecurity: Government and industry must partner to drive trust and security in 5G networks, ensure secure supply chain management, and implement President Biden’s Executive Order on cybersecurity.
- International Data Agreements and Digital Trade: Strong, enforceable digital trade rules and international data agreements are necessary for US companies to compete abroad and hire in the US.
- Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence: To maintain global leadership in AI development, the US should require impact assessments for companies that develop, use, or deploy AI systems; modernize open data policies; and enhance research and development.
- Preventing the Proliferation of Harmful Online Content: As policymakers examine the future of Section 230, they should recognize the broad spectrum of stakeholders that rely on Section 230, maintain legal certainty, and support balanced frameworks.
- Reset Immigration Policies: Policymakers should pursue responsible and balanced immigration policies, including strengthening the H-1B visa program, increasing the accessibility of employment-based green cards, and making DACA protections permanent.
- Intellectual Property Protection: To foster research and development and drive innovation, IP protections should maintain a technology-neutral system of patent protection, provide flexibility to facilitate emerging technologies, and preserve the framework embodied in Section 512 of the DMCA.
- Modernizing Government IT and Procurement: Governments work best when they have access to secure, cutting-edge, commercial solutions, and should prioritize funding updates to outdated IT systems to improve security and citizen services.
- Law Enforcement Access to Data: Now is the time to take practical steps to enable lawful access to digital evidence in ways that don’t undermine cyber defenses, including encryption, and reinforce constitutional privacy protections.
To read BSA’s entire 2022 US Policy Agenda, visit: https://www.bsa.org/policyagenda.
소프트웨어 연합(BSA | The Software Alliance, 이하 BSA)(www.bsa.org)은 각국 정부를 대상으로 세계 시장에서 전 세계 소프트웨어 업계를 대변하고 옹호하는 선도적 연합체입니다. 세계의 가장 혁신적 기업들이 회원사로 참여하며 경제에 활기를 불어 넣고 현대의 생활을 향상시키는 소프트웨어 솔루션을 만들어 내고 있습니다.
워싱턴 DC에 본부를 두고, 30개국이 넘는 국가들에서 운영되는 BSA는, 합법적 소프트웨어 사용을 증진시키고 기술 혁신을 촉진하며 디지털 경제의 성장을 추진하는 공공 정책을 지지하는 준법 프로그램들을 선도합니다.