Virtual Event: Defining AI Impact Assessments; Industry Perspectives
May 18, 2022 | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
BSA’s Christian Troncoso joins the Bipartisan Policy Center for a virtual event as part of BPC’s ongoing series on AI Impact Assessments. This event focuses on how the private sector is defining both the need and scope of AI Impact Assessments and whether they are needed to mitigate risks. Panelists also discuss AI policy frameworks and how to clarify standards as adoption of AI continues.
- Tom Romanoff, Director of Technology Project, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Will Carter, Global Policy Lead for Responsible AI, AI Governance and Regulation, Google
- Michael Hind, Distinguished Research Staff Member, IBM Research AI
- Christian Troncoso, Senior Director, Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Diya Wynn, Senior Practice Manager in Emerging Technologies & Intelligent Platforms, Amazon Web Services
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that help businesses of all sizes in every part of the economy to modernize and grow.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.