Virtual Event: Optimal Governance of NPD 2.0
July 12, Zoom
Speakers: Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy, Country Manager - India, BSA | The Software Alliance
India is one of the fastest-growing digital economies of the world but lags far behind in its data protection regime. The Joint Parliamentary Committee’s (JPC) Report on the Personal Data Protection Bill 2019 (PDPB) recommended widening the scope of the bill to include aspects of non-personal data (NPD), including anonymised personal data. This move is believed to be fraught with many lacunas and may lead to unintended challenges and adverse consequences for stakeholders. Further, recently, many policies including NPD aspects have been introduced which have led to multiple policy drafts in circulation, risk functional overlaps and fuel regulatory uncertainty. This roundtable aims to engage experts to discuss the lacunas, unintended challenges, regulatory uncertainty and the way forward.
- Pradeep S Mehta, Secretary General, CUTS International
- Ritesh Pandey, Member, Lok Sabha and Joint Committee on Personal Data Protection Bill
- Ashish Agarwal, Vice President, NASSCOM
- Parminder Jeet Singh, Executive Director, IT for Change; Member, Committee of Experts on NPD
- Daniel Castro, Vice President, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)
- Astha Kapoor, Co-Founder, Aapti Institute
- Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy, Country Manager, BSA | The Software Alliance
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading advocate for the global software industry before governments and in the international marketplace. Its members are among the world’s most innovative companies, creating software solutions that help businesses of all sizes in every part of the economy to modernize and grow.
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and operations in more than 30 countries, BSA pioneers compliance programs that promote legal software use and advocates for public policies that foster technology innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.